Through much prayer, careful thought and conversation with family and friends, I have decided to run for the position of Marietta City Council Ward 5 councilman.
I believe that the foundation of our democracy is based on transparency and access to government. If elected as your councilman, I will commit to stand in the gateway to ensure that you are thoroughly informed of decisions impacting you and your family, and that you have access to your councilman, other elected officials and city services.
Carlyle’s platform: “We are Better Together in Marietta”
1. Provide Safe Neighborhoods for all Residents by working together with local government to engage and collaborate with neighborhoods to improve and reduce crime.
2. Attract Businesses and Good Paying Jobs to Marietta by working together with the city to provide tax incentives, rezoning and repurposing of older buildings to encourage businesses to select Marietta for their new location.
3. Work together with the city and Marietta Public Housing to Provide Affordable Housing for Local Public Service Workers to include police, fire, teachers, nurses and city employees.
4. Support Higher Learning Standards in Our Public Schools by working together with the school board and ensuring educators are provided with the necessary tools to achieve these standards.
5. Provide Transparency in Local Government by working together with public services to keep citizens informed through regularly held town hall meetings and published communications.